We are the exclusive distributor of this product in Australia Please beware of imitations.
The Silhouette laser hair remover is the latest in laser hair removal devices and will remove hair permanently. With a design based on advanced scientific research, the Silhouette laser hair remover is a new-generation hair remover, designed for home use. The 808nm wave emitted by the laser hair remover is used in salons throughout the world for the permanent removal of unwanted hair. This laser technology has been proven to be 95% effective in studies conducted by universities and institutes around the world. Even when the laser hair remover is not aimed directly at the hair, it is still removed permanently, because the 808nm laser wave easily penetrates the various epidermal layers, to reach and destroy the root of the hair. The Silhouette laser hair remover is supplied with a cooling gel and a special laser hair removal lotion.
The benefits of laser hair removal:
- An easier, more effective way to remove hair than other existing methods.
- Only a few sessions of 3 to 5 applications are required to achieve permanent hair removal.
- Safe, reliable treatment.
- Permanent hair removal and reduction of hair volume.
- Your skin will feel softer - because the pores close up after treatment.
Features of the Silhouette laser hair remover:
- Easy to use semi-conductor laser system with no undesirable side effects.
- Includes a range of accessories (security keys + lotions) for safe and easy home use.
- Laser emission time and laser intensity are both adjustable.
- Slim and portable design, convenient for case or handbag when travelling.
- Suitable for use on all parts of the body including arms, legs, eyebrows, bikini line, chin and upper lip.
- When treating the facial area, avoid pointing the laser at the eyes.
- All unwanted hair can be eliminated from any part of your body, requiring only a very short treatment time.
Tips for more effective treatment:
- For better results, shave the selected area before treatment, leaving the hair 1 to 2 mm long. This helps the laser destroy the root of the hair follicle properly. Do not epilate your hair, or the laser will not be effective.
- After treatment, use the cooling gel to refresh your skin.
- Permanent epilation is carried out by pointing the laser directly at the hair. Although the laser is transmitted into the hair root through the skin, it penetrates quite deeply in order to destroy it.
- For difficult-to-treat areas such as armpits, we recommend that you seek third-party assistance.
- During laser epilation, you may feel a slight stinging sensation associated with the high temperature of the laser. This means that the hair root has been successfully destroyed.
- Any hairs burned by the laser but not epilated can easily be removed using tweezers.
- Adjust the intensity of the laser depending on your sensitivity to the stinging sensation.
- After 30 minutes of use, we recommend a 5-minute break to protect both your skin and the product.
- Red marks may appear after use, but these will gradually disappear within a few days following treatment.
- The thicker the hair, the more effective permanent laser epilation will be.
- Silhouette laser epilator
- Cooling gel (70 ml)
- Lotion specifically formulated for laser epilation (40ml)
- Security key
- 220V adapter
- User manual
1 year guarantee
How it works!
The laser emits an invisible light which penetrates the skin without damaging it. The laser light is then selectively absorbed by the pigments in the hair follicle. This damages the follicle and inhibits its capacity to produce hair. At the hair follicle, the laser light absorbed by the pigments is converted into heat. This heat will damage the follicle without harming the surrounding skin.Laser hair removal is becoming more accessible and is becoming a mainstream method of hair removal. Laser or flash lamp (intense pulsed light) hair removal is less painful than electrical epilation and, unlike electrolysis, can also be used to treat large areas (torso, back, arms and legs).
The basic principle behind laser hair removal is ‘selective thermolysis’. The laser causes localised damaged by burning dark hair-producing areas without burning the rest of the skin. The light is absorbed by the dark areas, which are known as chromophores.
Laser hair removal primarily targets melanin, of which there are two types: eumelanin (which produces dark hair and skin) and pheomelanin (which produces red hair, Asian skin types and freckles).
No pain is felt during a laser hair removal session apart from a slight burning sensation or a pinch similar to an elastic band snapping. A local anaesthetic cream is recommended for the most pain sensitive patients. The number of sessions needed depends on hair colour, skin type and the location of the hair on the body.